On this week’s show Michael speaks to Joan Henchy, Chairperson of the New York GAA County Board – the first woman to ever hold the position.
It’s a wide-ranging podcast – discussing all things New York GAA and the Gaelic Park Clubhouse
- The expanding underage structure
- Development squads
- Prospects of a senior inter-county game this year
- 2021 New York club championships
- The new GAA President – New York’s Larry McCarthy
- A financial levy on fundraising in New York by counties/clubs/GPA
- An inter-state USA Championship
- The challenges to finish last year’s championships during COVID
We also discuss Gaelic Park
- The latest construction news on the new Gaelic Park clubhouse
- Clarity on the lease arrangement of playing pitch
- A video of those plans is shown at the end of this video podcast on YouTube and Facebook
Joan also addresses criticism by former Kerry County Board Chairman, Pat “The Bag” O’Sullivan in an earlier Long Hall Podcast which questioned the future of Gaelic games in New York and the sustainability of clubs who rely on summer sanctions.
Keep an eye out for our New York championship preview podcast coming up in a few weeks.
Click here for the iTunes link to this episode.